Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter in Lizella

Well, it was quite a busy time in Lizella last weekend.  It started @ precisely 3:15 last Friday.  The school day was over and every child in Bibb county had a new lease on life.  There was a thick yellow film on everything that hasn't moved in at least 15 seconds.  I have never known the pollen to be so thick in any place, but I am not kidding, you can be driving down the road and you can literally see the pollen blow off the trees.  Regardless of the pollen, the Easter Bunny was coming to town.  He would just not be as brilliant white as normal.  He had a suttle yellow tint to him, after all, yellow is the new white, or it sounds good anyway.

As I said, there were Eggs to be hunted.  On Sat. morning our church hosted an Egg hunt.  I was overwhelmed at the response.  There were probably close to 100 little angels there ready to stake their claim on a small plastic egg that cleverly hid the ultimate prize... candy.   Although this is normally a happy time, I couldn't help but be somewhat sad.  O.K. I did break down, but only one time and I was very inconspicuous about it.  Why, you ask?  What could possibly cause me to have the mully grubs on such a fun day?  Well, at the risk of revisiting the emotional place from which I finally dug myself out of Sat. evening sometime, I'll just state the fact.  Maci and Bayley neither one was in the least bit interested in going the Egg Hunt.  At first it didn't really bother me until I got there and saw all the children and the anticipation that they exhibited on their little faces.   I thought, as I watched them charge the field to find their treasure, that I had a handle on myself.  But, when the mother of a 5 month old little boy asked me if I wanted to take her son and help him find eggs, I realized that I had failed miserably.  By the way, he was more interested in the necklace I was wearing then the eggs I was trying to gather for him.  But, this was all a distant memory as I went shopping trying to finish up my Easter shopping.

Saturday evening, our choir preformed the Easter Cantata "Known by the Scars".  This cantata is a wonderful depiction of the love of God in how He sent His son to die for us and save us from our sins and become our hope in this dark world.  We did this cantata a couple of years ago, but we added a couple of things and instead of using the narration in the book, Paul wrote the narration.  He did an excellent job.  We also had a guest come to visit us Saturday.  Rebecca and Corbin came down to visit and spend Easter with us.  Rebecca's husband Rodney, was in our youth group when Maci was born.  Now, he is married and has a child of his own.  That doesn't make me feel old at all.  

Sunday morning came around and it was truly a beautiful day.  It was as if all of creation was celebrating the true meaning of Easter.  The choir was ready to repeat the cantata from the night before, the lights were down and we entered the sanctuary.  From the first note to the last note.  God revealed himself to me through the message in the program.   His Spirit was truly in that place.  I am constantly amazed at the fact that the God of the universe longs to have a relationship with me.  That He longs to spend time with me.  

After church, we went to a friends house and had lunch and hid a few more eggs.  After all the eggs were found and all the bellies were full, we all piled in our respective cars and took off to the ball field.  The day would not have been complete without someone getting hurt.  Mr. Ed was the lucky recipient of a torn calf muscle and a torn ligament.  I don't think we have ever gathered and played any kind of sport that someone didn't get hurt.  We ended the night playing the Wii with a couple of friends.  

Maci is having to go to school this week because her spring break isn't until next week.  Bayley and I came to Mom's for a couple of days to keep Granda from calling the powers that be.  Lucky for me, oh who am I kidding. Lucky for Paul, Bayley remembered she had a Reach project due the week of April 7th.  She has to build a house with 10 different architectural structures.  Needless to say, we got GDaddy right on that.  Stay tuned for updates on this late breaking event.

5 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished project.

Glad your Easter was a great one. I'll have to shoot for a better Easter next year, the flu just got the best of me.

I remarked to Brad that we must be growing up in the Farmer house, because we made it through an egg hunt without tears and drama. I guess I should relish these moments.

Shana

Anonymous said...

Probably the reason for their, not wanting to hunt eggs is because they weren't at Grandas, after all there is no place like Grandas. Oh well, I guess I will just live off the memory of yesteryear. No pressure I'll get over it.


Love ya anyway,
Granda

Anonymous said...

I was ever so happy to see everyone. I have to say that the Easter Cantata was spectacular. Corbin was very interested with the whole production. He was rather upset with the Roman Soldiers. Especially when they were being "ugly" to his Jesus. He said that when God found out, they would have to sit on the naughty mat. I told him that God knew and dealt with them in his own way. He felt better but he did ask if they got a spanking. I just laughed.
I want to say thank you so much for letting us stay even though Corbin wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. For some odd reason I would rather 3 come before 2. I don't know but he was better to deal with when he was 2. But I did find out the reason he was being a terror. He had an ear ache.
Anyway thank you again and I wanted to let you know that I was so very blessed with the whole weekend.
Can't wait to come see you again.
Becca

Anonymous said...

As usual your blog is absolutely breathtaking...Except for one thing. How come I dont deserve to have my name stated on your blog??? I mean , I would like to think I am a little more than just a friend. We do spend ALOT of time together and to be described as "a couple of friends" well that just seems so impersonal...I mean...You get my point...we know eachother very well...heck fire..we could be twins as far as our Neuroticism goes...Oh, well I will find some one else to be my Friend/Empoyer...i guess**
Signed,
"some Friend" AKA Sandy*

Anonymous said...

ok, this one either but that comment from sandy was quite funny. not funny in as u deserved to be talked to like that i mean uumm , u know like how dare she speak to u like that. umm humm. the nerve of some folks.