Thursday, September 18, 2008

TGTF

This is a post that I wrote last week at about this time. The facts are not exactly the same, but the circumstances are similar.

Thank God Tomorrow's Friday. At this time, that is my only consolation. It is in fact the reason I will drag myself out of bed in the morning. We just got home for the day about 20 minutes ago. It is 9:43 at this time. Today, was quite a day, It started like most mornings.... around 6:00. I spent most of the day in the dish room, which I am certain is exactly what hell is going to be like. At the end of the day, I made arrangements for Bayley to be picked up (thank you Michelle). I rushed to Covenant to pick Maci and Brandon up so that I could get home, take a shower and get the Lunch Lady funk off of me, gather Bayley and have Brandon and Maci at Windsor by 4:30. I was on Ayers Rd. and my cell phone rang. It was Maci, I was all prepared to tell her I am almost there, but NO!!! I answered and the child said to me, and I quote. "Mom, you don't have to come and pick me up, I have practice and I forgot to tell you." She then proceeded to act as if it would be absolutely no problem for me to take Brandon to wherever and come back at 3:45 and pick her up. Now for a little math lesson. At that time it was 3:20 I wouldn't have even made it home by the time I would have had to be back to pick her up. I'm sure your thinking, "Shelley, what is the big deal? You could have just stayed the extra 25 minutes and waited on her." Well, you have forgotten that my life is not that easy. Did I mention that I wanted to come home and take a shower? If you will refer to the first paragraph of this nail biting blog, I worked at the gates of hell today. I was not exhibiting the most pleasant odor that has ever emanated from my person. You see, in order for us to be at Windsor by 4:30, we were going to have to leave no later that 4:10. Now here is where the math comes in..... In no way was I going to be able to get her and take a shower and have Brandon at Windsor by the time he was suppose to be there. Not to mention Maci had to come home and change into her uniform. I have never been much of a fan of cloning, but today, I would have tried anything.

Praise the Lord for my neighbor across the street... her daughter is on the squad with Maci. I don't like to ask people for help but, when I saw her walking across the school parking lot with a soft glow of light beaming behind her. While the Hallelujah Chorus was ringing in my ears, I knew this had to be Divine Intervention. I asked her and she said she would bring Maci home.

I flew home took a quick shower and was ready by the time Maci got home. Brandon changed, Maci changed and we ran out the door. I drove like a bat out of the bad place to make it on time. I pull in and mowed over a few innocent bystanders and notice that there is hardly anyone there. I voiced my concern, and Brandon said, "I didn't have to be here until 4:45."

I am sorry to say that neither Brandon or Maci are with us anymore, for I have pulverized them. At least in prison, I won't have to play taxi for anybody. OMG. I know they have jobs for inmates, you watch.... it will be my luck I'll have to either work in the kitchen or I'll be assigned some kind of taxi service.Oh well, Thank God Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brad and Shana said...

Only you!! That could only happen to you......and I can't think of a better person. All one can say to that is the good old southern stand-by. Bless your heart.