Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Project Build a House

The long awaited day has come. Bayley had to turn in her Reach Project today. As I said previously, Bayley is studying various types of architectural structures. So because for no other reason than to ensure that we, her parents, have enough to keep us busy, they assigned her a "project". She did her usual.... "Mom we have to build a house. Here is the paper, let's get started." After I recover from a small heart attack, I look at the paper and realize that the project isn't due for another month. As far as Bayley is concerned, she has just relieved herself of any obligation to remind us until the night before its due.


This time was no different. She declared her need to get started on her project two months ago and then filed it away where only her therapist will be able to resurface it. You know, right behind all the things that I did to cause her to fail in life. Luckily, one of the Ladies that I work with called and asked me a question about said project right as we were walking out the door to visit Granda and G Daddy during Spring Break. Thank you Misty.


At that time I took the opportunity to remind her about the project as well as brought to her attention that the best person for the job was in fact G DADDY. This would absolve me of any type of stress during my week off. You see, when you get G Daddy involved in something, it takes on a life of its own. After a drive to Michaels for supplies and a lesson on the way, they came home and got started.


Today was the day. She turned it in and got and "E". I left my camera at home this morning, but Bayley did take a picture of it herself. Thank you Granda and G Daddy for being who you are. My children are the luckiest kids in the world to have Grandparents like the two of you.

I love you!!!

Funny looking house isn't it? Let me explain. I got a new camera a couple of weeks ago. Bayley and Maci have staked their claim on my old one. When I was looking at the pictures she had taken this afternoon, I saw a picture of her project. I thought, yeah, I have a picture after all. I noticed she was taking pictures of her friend and the dogs, and thought, she is going to be my little photographer. Well, after writing this nail biting blog entry, I hooked the camera up to download the picture and guess what? She deleted THAT picture. The one shown above must have taken its place. I don't know why I even try.

Oh well, he is just adorable isn't he? I'll try to remember to post a picture on the next blog for all those interested.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all the waiting for the blog post I don't think GDaddy is going to be especially excited about seeing the picture of Manassah since he wasn't their to help.

Tell Baylely to hold on to the model, that is what I want my retirement home to look like---she will have to build it for us since Gdaddy will be to old.

Good job Bayley------and GDaddy
Love ya,
Granda

Brad and Shana said...

That's funny....I came this (_) close to commenting on your other post about the lack of 'project post'.

I must say, I'm not satisified....I want a picture of Bayley with the house. Now, get right on that. Who, me? Bossy? Nah

The youngest

Anonymous said...

You are getting pretty good at this blog thing. I am so proud of u. Manassah looks very comfortable in front of the camera... he hasn't been told how handsome he is too many times, has he?
angel<><

Anonymous said...

LOOK, I COMMENTED ON THIS ONE TOO ANGEL<><