Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Caged Chaos



Since it is that we are constantly (well seldom) chronicling chaos, I feel it is necessary that we chronicle today's purchase. Although this isn't a life changing purchase or even an a life altering purchase it deserves to be logged in the annals of Whittondom. (a little over the top huh?)




Because our little angel has decided that it is his life's purpose to chew on anything and everything, I decided that he needs to be contained during the day while we are gone. I'm sure your saying, "He hasn't been?" Well, when we got him he only weighed 2 pounds. There wasn't a lot that he could get in his mouth, much less tear up. He has since grown leaps and bounds. He now weighs a whopping 4.5 pounds. I am worried that he will chew on an electrical chord and give himself a home perm, and we all now perms went out of style a long time ago.




I stopped on the way home and bought a medium size crate so that he would have plenty of room to move about and he could also see out and not feel so closed in. See how I'm reasoning this all out? We brought it home and put it together, we put him in it and he turned and looked at us as if to say "Really?" So we put his little blanket and a few of his favorite toys in it and put it in his new resting place. The next thing I know I come around the corner and you'll never guess what I found. You'll have to see it to believe it. Enjoy!


It almost looks like Manasseh is locking the door in this picture, and keeping watch in the other one. Well, I've got to go, I just measured Maci and I'm on my way to get one her size.
Enjoy your evening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a novel idea! Bring the cages with you the next time you come, it's just the thing to keep them in one place for five minutes. Now if Shana and Brad will buy a couple I will have it made. You might want to think about one for Paul a hyper as he is.

Keep the blogs coming.

Love Granda

Anonymous said...

I love Granda's idea. I think you have started a fashion trend I would like to order 2 please. Hope you are feeling better and know that you are the best.

Love ya,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Thinking of getting one for Braden and MAkayla... Do they come in colors?
Angel

Anonymous said...

Ya know, the cages cant be that bad....Look how happy Bayley looks in there. I am convinced the kids will love them. Now if we can just get someone to make wearing a muzzle look fun, maybe i can justify putting the kids in those too!! Maci? feel brave??

Anonymous said...

maybe your just not reading your comment section. see... i did commment on april 18th... and do u know why? cuz i love you.
and no solo necessary. i just said that God didn't talk to me YESTERDAY about my singing. it's a good thing he listens to our heart instead of our voice. heehee. love you
angel (for the second time)<><

Anonymous said...

WHEN R U GONNA POST AGAIN. IT'S BEEN LIKE A WEEK ALREADY. WE'RE WAITING...
HOW IS SCHOOL?
HOW DOES MANASSEH LIKE HIS ROOM-MATE?
I SEEN WHERE BELLS ASKED PEDRO WHERE HE GOT THAT PIC FROM, DO YOUR CHILDREN READ YOUR BLOG? YOUR FRIEND MRS ANGEL SURE DOES. UUMM HUMM. YEP, SURE DOES.
OK, I'M THREW NOW. I LOVE YA.

Anonymous said...

Poor Blog, i know you feel neglected..But shelley is too busy to spend time with you right now! Dont worry, i am sure she will find time to at least jot a little note here soon!
Love ya!
Sandy