Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ode to Granda!!!!

I know it has been a long time. I have been cheating on the infamous blogger. Maci came home one day asking if she could get a shoutlife. This is a Christian alternative to My Space. I finally gave in and let her have one under the stipulation that I would check it on a daily basis and I had to approve the friends she accepted. Well, I kept up my end of the bargain and have somehow got sucked into it myself. There are a lot of people here that have shoutlife pages. So, I have been posting blogs on that page almost daily.

But since it is Mother's Day, I thought I would grant my sweet Mother's request and update my blog. So, here goes. I am writing this blog to honor her. I mean after all, as I have been so often reminded, she did suffer death to bring me into this world. Its the least I can do to take a few minutes of my time to reflect on the greatness that is called my MOM. (How was that mom?)

Seriously, I could have never in my wildest dreams have picked a better mother than the one I have. Bayley handed me a note that she had written for me the other day that said "God must have been thinking of me when He made you." I'm more than certain she didn't come up with that on her own. In fact, I think I have seen that somewhere before. But, it still rings true. No other mother would have sat and held this blubbering idiot all day when I started my menstrual cycle. How many mothers would crawl into your room in the middle of the night and bark (you heard me right) bark at you in your friend right in the middle of an intense conversation about boys. How many mothers do you know that would send you congratulation cards when my friend and I made the color guard at school. How many Mom's would paint countless pieces of furniture for their grand kids, plan annual leaf jumping events, marshmallow roasts, and hayrides every single year. I could fill pages upon pages with wonderful things she has done to make my life and the life of my children memorable.

But its not just about the things she has planned and done for our entertainment. It's about the countless times I've seen her praying and reading her Bible. The times that she has reminded me that God is in control and that he will be faithful. The times I have seen Daddy have to carry her down the stairs int he middle of the night. Take her to Atlanta to the hospital, call her the next morning and never hear her complain about her situation. She always showed us that she trusted God to bring her through whatever situation she was in. I never detected bitterness, complacency or contention. Only joy, peace, patience and faithfulness.

So yes, this blog is an Ode to Granda. She is truly a legacy. I would love to be 1/3 of who she is.

Thank you Mom.
I love you,
Shelley

4 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Very well said and so very true. It seems the gift of gab runs in our family......wonder where we got that from????? Hhmmmm.

Love you Shelley (thanks again for letting us crash with you Thursday)

....and I love you too mom!

Shana

PS Great slide show

Anonymous said...

Shelley I just wanted to say thank you for sharing her with me she is a great mom and a friend.

Anonymous said...

how sweet you are!
happy motheres day to you all!
angel<><

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
I would not have been able to say it better myself. She isnt even my mom and I love her to bits:) Granda is all that was said and as i am certain everyone knows...more than shelley could ever put into words! Thanks for lettin all of us...well you know what she calls us (jezebells) share her with you, I could have asked for a better (hoochie mom!). Love ya! You too granda!!
Sandy*