Monday, May 12, 2008

Whew, that was too close!!!





Talk about praising Him in the storm. I never thought I would have to be literal in that translation. But at 5:30 Sunday morning, as we were crammed in the hall closet, I had to put that into practice. Don't give me too much credit, I think it was more pleading in the storm than it was praising in the storm. As everyone know, Bayley is petrified of bad weather. I hated to even wake her up, but we had to get to a safe place. I mean really, how do you calmly wake your children up and tell them the sirens are going off, get in the hall closet!
I have two children that couldn't be more different. We woke them up and I think Bayley dove from her bed to the closet, and Maci sauntered from her bed to the close. In fact, I had to raise my voice at Maci to get her to hurry and save her own life. By the time Maci got in the closet, Bayley was already receiving her mail there.
I have to say, that was one of the scariest times in my life. I am trying to keep (I would say the children, but we all know I'm talking about Bayley, because Maci is trying her best to go back to sleep.) calm when I can see a glimmer of fear in Paul's eyes as well. It looked as if there was a disco gong on outside. The lightening was so constant. You could hear this rumbling, moaning sound as well. It lasted for a while and then calmed down. We checked things out and realized that the immediate danger was over and we plucked the girls from there safe haven. We all decided to wait the rest of the storm out in our bed. I was to wired to just lay there, so I got up and came to the living room and watched outside.
The sun was beginning to come up by this time. Then it happened. Even with the sirens still blasting in the background, I heard them. What you ask? BIRDS!! I knew it was officially over because the birds were singing. I believe, next the first cry and the laughter of my children, that was the sweetest sound I have ever heard.
We were very fortunate that nothing was damaged. There are thousands that weren't so fortunate. Paul and some other men from the church grabbed there chain saws and set out to help anywhere they could.
So even though it wasn't the normal Mother's Day, it was a good one all the same because everyone was safe and unharmed. Thank you God for sheltering us from the storm.

I'm just getting to post because our power has been off so Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if i post on the other(shoutlife) am i still required to post on this one too?
did u ever go back and read all the comments i left on here for u?
angel<><