Sunday, January 13, 2008

BAYLEY TURNS 9!!

I can't believe it has been 9 years since we brought this tiny (to us anyway) baby girl home from the hospital. Where has the time gone.

Bayley turned 9 on Jan. 6th. Since her birthday is so close to Christmas, we tried to prolong it by waiting and having her "party" the next weekend to give people time to recoup from the holidays. Not wanting her happy day to go by not celebrated, Maci and I snuck out (not easy since Bayley is affectionately known as Nosella from Lizella) and bought some balloons and banners. When she fell asleep on the eve of her birthday, we snuck in her room and hung them in completely undetected by her or her fearless watch dog, Manasseh. The mission was a success.

As you can tell, Maci was very pleased with her part in the whole thing. She even gave up going to friends house that evening so she could be a part of making this a special day for her sister. (she had a little help in making that decision but she made it all the same.)


She woke up one time in the middle of the night and didn't even notice the new decorations in her room. But she woke up later and came and asked us how it got in her room. We woke her up the next morning singing "Happy Birthday" to her. We made a breakfast casserole and put a candle in it. She thought it a little strange but has come to expect that from her family.



Finally, the day had come for her party. She decided she wanted to have a movie party. Back in August, we had a big High School Musical 2 party and Paul set up the projector and put a big sheet outside and all their friends came and we all watched it together. She wanted to do the same thing for her party. She LOVES polka dots, so we got a pink and green polka dot cake and Paul set up a mini drive in theatre under our carport. It was a little cold, but everyone brought their blankets and we enjoyed watching "Evan Almighty. Fun was had by all.


4 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

You did it!!

Great post, love all the details, and the pics.

I assume she knows, but I renewed her subscriptions to American Girl and Clubhouse!!

Isn't this blogging a blast?

Maddie said...

How fun! Tell Bayley we said happy birthday a little late!

Anonymous said...

Let's have a moment! I have master the computer, and might I add without the aide of my two ungrateful daughters. Never mind that I suffered death getting them into the world---at which time NO one was laughing then,---and they are still sucking the life blood from what left of my poor frail body, but thats okay I don't mind. I have someone outside the family who stands ready to help--without LAUGHING!

I love Bayley's room I wonder who helped with that, I bet they didn't laugh. Everything looks pretty and the party looked like they they had a good time.

Love
Mom

P.S. Your character word is WITY J, you didn't think I could do it.

Maddie said...

Hey! I thought I was in the family! :)