Thursday, January 17, 2008

Way to Go Bayley!!!

We are now into the 2nd week of school since Christmas break. If you remember correctly, I mentioned that I was kind of looking forward to school starting back because that meant maybe things would get back to normal. I don't know if that was a little delusion left over from a bad dose of Mom's Wookie or if it had been too long since I had fed 700 children within a two hour time frame.
Anyway, as I'm listening to my children argue about which book of the Bible they are going to read their devotion from, (I suggested they read from the first book of get along with your sister). I thought I would insert yet another chaotic chapter in our chronicles.
Bayley received her report card last Wednesday (1/9). As always, she made all A's and an O which stands for outstanding in citizenship (behavior). Which I think is ironic. If they new she was arguing with her sister about where they should receive an encouraging word from the Lord, they wouldn't think she was being a good citizen. Today was their "Recognition Ceremony". She received a ribbon for "Honor Roll" and one for "Outstanding Citizenship" and the highest recognition, "Skyhawk Superior".
We are very proud of her. She is like her Daddy in the fact that a lot of school work comes naturally. She is not like him however in the whole behavior thing. I guess that is the one thing she got from me. If she gets in trouble for not yielding to the Holy Spirit, or keeping a messy desk, we'll all know who to blame.

Maci's school started about a week later. She hasn't received her report card yet but we are very optimistic that she will do well also. She is getting ready for Spirit Week next week and is very excited. They will be dressing up Tues, Wed, and Thurs and will have a big pep rally at some point during the week. She is very excited about the cheer and stunt that they are going to preform. We will post later how she did on her report card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know there hasn't been any lasting effect steming from their lack of time with their Granda and GDaddy---no thanks to their Mom. They seem to be makin the most of a difficult situation. Way to go girl, Granda's proud of you. Keep up the good work Bay Bay and Maci watch out for those stunts they always back fire on me.

Love ya
Granda

P.S. Your on your own with this character