Monday, January 21, 2008

Hooray for Maci!!


As stated in the previous post, Bayley received her report card the first week they went back to school. Maci received hers by mail this last Friday. She did well. She made all A's and B's except for one C. She is not accustomed to making C's so it was quite emotional around here.


I found it somewhat ironic that it was in Bible that she made the "C". That was quite a blow to her parents self esteem. Not that she has to measure up to our standards, but that maybe we aren't the living example she needs. I mean really, we should recite the catacisms around this house more often. What were we thinking. Maybe we haven't done too much damage.


I always feel like these report cards are more our grades instead of hers. The first report card she got we all celebrated. She made all A's and B's and we were really excited because she made an A in Latin. She (we) worked so hard for that A and it was well deserved. This second time around, Maci has become more independent in her studies and doesn't need our help as much. She is forming her own study habits and is doing quite well if I do say so myself.


I can't help but know that there is a lesson for her in this grade. Although the obvious lesson is that she needs to apply herself more. The more important lesson is that she may not always measure up to the standards that man places on her, but God doesn't expect her to "measure up". Jesus took care of that for her a long time ago.


So, I accept this grade and will be encouraged to dig deeper in my walk with Him and rest in the fact that I will never be good enough, but He will always be more that enough.

3 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

A "C" now and then never hurt anybody.....I certainly had my fair share of them, and just look at me now. As you all know, I'm a raving success (don't know what I'm successful at, but surely theres something...)

Cookie sandwiches for everybody!!

Love you girls,
Ya'll make me proud
Aunt Shana

Anonymous said...

Way to go Maci! Don't think your rowing the "C" boat alone, I'm not sure if I got above a C, I hope I did. The fact you got a C is not the end of the world, think about it if we were perfect we wouldn't have needed a Savior. We are all in training,so hang in there.

Love ya.
Granda

Anonymous said...

i have an excuse for this one... sandy and i couldn't figure HOW to comment for like 4-ever! i hope u know how much i love you to go back through each one of these to leave u a special message. now... hush up trashy! love you. angel<><