Thursday, January 3, 2008

From utter chaos to controlled chaos! (I think)

As stated previously, we are a very busy family. When most people enjoy the time off from work or out of school, we are running around like wild people trying to complete everything on our list. (Get up Shana! It wasn't an actual, physical list. that is unless it was one you made for me.:) From Christmas Cantatas, hosting a church wide gathering at our house, cooking thousands of cookies with the cookie club, to many trips to the mall, we have had our fair share of Christmas festivities. Although, quiet chaotic, it is my favorite time of year. I don't think that the story of God's love for us will ever get old. I am constantly overwhelmed at His ability to see past my mistakes and failures, to what I have the potential to become.

We had a wonderful Christmas with our family this year. I am convinced their is nothing better than family. My sister and I have forced a new tradition on our Parents (we're still working on Scott.) We dusted off the old Tabu and pictionary games and played a few rounds of each. We have learned one thing. Daddy and I are too much alike to be on the same team and Shana and Mom are our obnoxious rivals. We stepped it up a notch and bought a new game at Christmas. We are now unashamedly Mad Gabbers. You have not played Mad Gab until you have played it with Mom and Dad. It was soooo much fun.

After Christmas, Maci went on her first official "Youth Trip". They left for TN. Sat 12/29 and returned Tues. 1/1. I only paniced a few times while she was gone. I will however not be held responsible for her apearance in my absence. Bayley stayed with her Aunt Shana, Granda and G-Daddy. She ate up all the attention. She finally came home on Sun 12/30. Shana will however, be held responsible for her appearance.

We ended the time off by re-decorating their rooms. Santa brought Bayley a new bed and bedding. Most of New Years Eve was spent going through and making room for her new things. Maci got a keyboard for Christmas and we had to do some creative re-decorating to fit everything in her room. I guess it was fitting that we do this on New Years Eve and New Years Day. After all it was "out with the old and in with the new." (Pun intended)




So, the title to this blog makes complete sense to you now I am sure. The whole "controlled chaos" thing in all honesty, is hopeful thinking. I'll let you know soon. Oh, Mom and Shana pleast take note. I didn't say "From utter chaos to organized chaos". You can only hope.

2 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

HOLY COW.....or, GREEN FROG, who knew it could be this difficult to get this sucker up & running. I expect weekly posts.....

xxoo
shana

Maddie said...

That doesn't sound like chaos at all to me! Enjoyed hearing how you guys are doing!
Tammy