Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life is a Beach II (with Pictures)



Well, after the last blog, we went crab hunting. Crab hunting you say? Yes, crab hunting. I've always found that a little funny since upon seeing one of the frightned creatures, my frightened creatures would commence to screaming and running the opposite direction. The element of surprise was definitely not on our side. As we were walking back, the thunder and lightening started. We were quite worried about getting rained on but we made it back in time. No one got any of Nature's home perms. (I really need help with my hair fetish)
The next day, needless to say, the water was quite rough. Paul and the girls went to St. Andrews Bay to go snorkeling and were stung yet again by jelly fish. They didn't get to see a lot of cool things because it started storming. Paul brought the kayaks out after lunch and the games began. As stated yesterday, he has an ocean kayak that I have mastered (ha ha), and he has one that is affectionately known as the "stunt" kayak.

I had watched several able bodied men set out to ride the waves in only to see them flip in the midst of one of the waves. I boldly said, I'll give it a try. Paul took me up on it. I couldn't go back on my word so after a brief adjustment to my last will and testament, I set off. Paul helped me get out far enough to not impale any of the innocent ocean waders. After the second huge wave that smacked me in the face, I decided I would turn around and head back to shore. Paul is all the while yelling, keep it straight!!!. I made it. I didn't flip. So forgive me as I gloat a tad "I AM NO ORDINARY LUNCH LADY" Nikki has a picture, I will post it when she e-mails it to me. Now I know that this is no sky diving attempt like my crazy brother did last week but for me it was quite a step. (Baby steps)
We are home now and I must say, there is no place like home. Again, it rained on us most of the way home and from what I hear it rained most of the day in SeaGrove. Either way, we were going to get wet. Thank you Lord for the safe trip home.

Anyway, I'll post the pictures now. Tricky how I made you read all of this just to simply look at the pictures. As I said before, I am no ordinary lunch lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey who's crazy? Just because I jumped out of a plane doesn't make me crazy.
Glad you had fun in Florida [shudder]
Scott

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad I don't know what goes on, I shudder to think what you crazy kids do that you don't tell me about. I think with you it's all those raging hormones that are trying to get out. Just as long a you are not putting my babies in harms way. To quote one well known family member "Have you lost your mind"? Now I know why God has us praying for our children even more as they get older, they still don't use the brain God gave them. Please, your wearing me out.

Glad your back home, even though I think God had to work over time to make sure you made it. Thank you Lord. Love the pictures.

Love
Granda

P.S. Tell Nikki I thought she had more sense, but evidently I was wrobng.