Friday, June 13, 2008

VBS


We are winding down VBS this week. Part of me is happy because it is very tiring. But the inner hula girl in me is kind of sad. It is a lot of fun. Sandy and I are in charge of the music. We have to teach the children the motions and words of a new song every night. Some of the motions were made up by the guy that writes the songs, but sometimes(and there was a lot this year) we add our own signs.


It is amazing how quickly the kids pick them up and how well they participate. I have been very proud of each of the classes from 3's and Pre-K to the teenagers. Yes the teenagers, (Middle school through High school). It is 2 hours and 40 minutes of aerobic workout. That is the part of me that is a little happy to see it end. But as you will see in the video that I have attached. I should be doing this 24/7.


Bryce and Sara Kate were an absolute joy to have. Their teachers Holli and Jamie loved them and were so sad to see them go. Holli is a student at UGA and Jamie is going to be a freshman at Shorter this fall. They are both a wonderful example to my girls. I adore them both. Their class was very full every night so far. But they handled it with an endless energy that I would love to bottle. And I can not forget, Ryan, Holli's boyfriend was along for the ride too. He is a major help and one of our best Hula Dancers. :)




2 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Bryce & Sara Kate had a blast at VBS!! They both loved Ms. Holli and Ms. Jamie. Bryce said his favorite part was 'catching stuff'.

Thanks everybody for making my kids feel welcome and for providing for them such a wonderful time!!

Anonymous said...

Holli told me where to find this picture so I stole it...if that's okay. It's adorable. We had so much fun playing with them in the pool on Sunday night and then teaching them at VBS. Bryce was so cute when he was blowing water through the noodle. And then Holli and I kept throwing Sara Kate back and forth in the pool and she didn't cry when she went under one time. Maci said she usually cries. I'm not sure what Bryce was talking about when he said "catching stuff" but maybe it was at recreation.
Thanks for letting them come!
-Jamie